The church was originally in Swede Hollow beyond where the old two school buildings stood. This church had handmade slate type benches, without backs. It was small and seated about 60 to 75 people. The church was known as the Albright Church.
It was destroyed by fire about the first century. The Albright congregation built the present church. The date on the corner-stone is 1891. Bishop Feicht was the head of the church.
It was lighted with oil lamps and heated with a potbelly coal stoves. The lights were changed to gas – the open flame type. Still later mantle type chandeliers were installed.